ADSM-L

Network Appliance File Servers

1998-12-21 13:39:47
Subject: Network Appliance File Servers
From: Larry Chisesi <lchisesi AT COCOMP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:39:47 -0700
Hello:

One of our customers is looking to bring a Network Appliance file server
on line 1st quarter 1999.   There will be as much as 450 GB of data,
home directories for most users and hundreds of thousands of small files
in lots of directories.   I am having nightmares already!

Anyway, I understand that we will have to NFS mount the NAC file system,
since there is no client.    Does anyone have experience with this box?
Can we make use of multiple NIC's and LAN segments to speed up the
initial full backup , and a full restore if necessary?  This box gives
me some concerns and I am hoping that some of you can help with our
planning for this.

Thanks in advance

Larry Chisesi
CoComp Technical Services