ADSM-L

Question on EBU backup using multiple nodename

1998-12-17 12:18:07
Subject: Question on EBU backup using multiple nodename
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:18:07 -0700
hi Eric,

If you are on OPS, you can just specify the DSMO_NODE in EBU_ADDRLIST to
use different node name.  If you are not on OPS, the only way I see to use
your approach is to keep track of which tablespace/datafiles are backed up
with which node name like you mentioned.  If you are using this approach,
you will need to keep good accounting of what you backup with which node
name.  If you can keep good accounting, I think the performance will be
better.  As for archive logs, I think, you should use the same node name to
backup.

regards,
Thiha