ADSM-L

remove data problem

1998-12-16 22:30:00
Subject: remove data problem
From: Julie Xu <a9500672 AT SP1.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:30:00 +1000
I have just upgrade our adsm server to v3.1.2 last week.

And, today I tried to remove a client from adsm server. But it complains
all the time, the

adsm>q act

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: REMOVE NODE BFOH-BDC
ANR2152E REMOVE NODE: Inventory references still exist for node BFOH-BDC.

adsm> h ANR2152E
ANR2152E  command: INVENTORY REFERENCES STILL EXIST FOR NODE node name.
ANR2152E  command: INVENTORY REFERENCES STILL EXIST FOR NODE node name.

EXPLANATION:  A REMOVE NODE command has been entered for a node for which
the
server is still storing backup or archive data, or both.

SYSTEM ACTION:  The server does not process the command.

USER RESPONSE:  To remove the node, delete all of its file spaces from the
server and reissue the command.

adsm> q fil BFOH-BDC
ANR2034E QUERY FILESPACE: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

I have no archive data on this server.

What is the problem??? Is the problem related to upgrade or not???

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie