ADSM-L

J40 with 6 CPU gives worse performance

1998-12-15 12:30:31
Subject: J40 with 6 CPU gives worse performance
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:30:31 -0400
Hello,
a customer of mine experienced the same problem. The more
CPUs was used, the worse the performance got. This was due
to an AIX problem.
If you are running AIX 4.1.x, you need ptf U456711 (apar IX73502).
If you are running AIX 4.2.1, you need ptf U457489 (apar IX76643).
Try it with the ptf applied.
Good day !

Rejean Larivee
Rejean Larivee
IBM  ADSM Level 2 Support

---------------------- Forwarded by Rejean Larivee/Quebec/IBM on 12/15/98

Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> on 12/15/98 10:35:15 AM