ADSM-L

admin authority problem

1998-12-15 04:53:31
Subject: admin authority problem
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:53:31 +0100
Hi,

Server version 3.2.1.1 for AIX.
I defined an administrator OPERATOR with operator and unrestricted
storage privilege in the ADSM server v3.2.1.0. He could do the MOVE MEDIA
operation every day without any problems. Last week I upgraded the
server to 3.2.1.1 and suddenly the OPERATOR receives the error message

ANR2035E MOVE MEDIA: Administrator OPERATOR is not authorized
to issue this command.

The manual says that an administrator needs operator or unrestricted
storage privilege to perform the MOVE MEDIA command. That is the case
but it doesn't work any more.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de
Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany