ADSM-L

Platter in Jukebox but q vol doesn't see it...

1998-12-14 14:33:46
Subject: Platter in Jukebox but q vol doesn't see it...
From: John McConnell <jmcconnell AT FIRSTMD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:33:46 -0500
I was checking my AIX ADSM V2.1.0.15 server with three jukeboxes (with optical
platters).  When I do a "q vol A40217" I get the message:

"ANR2034E QUERY VOLUME: No match found for this query"

BUT when I do a "q libvol archlib0 a40217" I get:

Library Name       Volume Name             Status                 Last Use
ARCHLIB0           A40217                  Private(Optical)

I have done an "AUDIT LIBRARY ARCHLIB0" which completes successfully.  I have
done a "CHECKIN LIBVOL ARCHLIB0 STATUS=PRIVATE SEARCH=YES" which completes
successfully.  I have even done a "CHECKIN LIBVOL ARCHLIB0 STATUS=SCRATCH
SEARCH=YES" and it completed successfully.  But my volumes are still in error
(13 platters total in 3 jukeboxes.)  When I do a "q volhist" all of these
platters have been accessed before and the last accesses are STGDELETEs from
some time ago (anywhere from 08/10/1997 to 11/02/1998).

Anyone have any ideas?

John McConnell
First National Bank of Maryland