ADSM-L

Re: What is the Correct Syntax for "q backup" on NT for V3 client

1998-12-11 20:15:05
Subject: Re: What is the Correct Syntax for "q backup" on NT for V3 client
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:15:05 -0800
You can try a couple of things:

   dsmc query backup c:\ -inactive
   dsmc query backup \\nodename\c$\ -inactive

Both of these should work.

If you need to see files in the subdirectories of C:,
add the -subdir=yes option.

If that doesn't help, then:

1) What do these commands show:

   dsmc query filespace
   net name

2) What does DSM.OPT look like?

3) Which version of the ADSM client are you running?
   (Issue DSMC QUIT if you are not sure to see the version
   banner.)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

I have several NT boxes that are now on V3 client, and I cannot get the "q
backup" command line to show me the files that are backed up.

The file spaces are now \\nodename\c$.

The command "dsmc q b -inactive "c:\*" returns a message stating that no
files were found of type 'c:\*'

I am UNIX bithead, what it the correct syntax for this command for WIN95/NT
files systems?

Anthony Jones
Koch Industries, Inc.
Platform Technologist