ADSM-L

Archives visible in Backup -> Restore, why?

1998-12-11 01:59:20
Subject: Archives visible in Backup -> Restore, why?
From: Werner Nussbaumer <W.Nussbaumer AT DATACOMM DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 07:59:20 +0100
I made some archives with the ADSM for Windows NT backup client. When I
select "retrieve" then these archives are displayed, however with
"restore" (which should be the counterpart of "backup") the volume label
of these backups is displayed too (volume label and drive letter). Is is
possible to select these entries, but no files are displayed. I tested
this also with the newest client release (V3, R1, L 0.6) and it is the
same. This behaviour is strange, because I don't want to see archives
only with retrieve, not with backup restore.

Does anyone have different experiences?

Any information is appreciated,
Regards
Werner Nussbaumer