ADSM-L

restoring directory ownership

1998-12-10 23:53:49
Subject: restoring directory ownership
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:53:49 -0800
We had an AIX directory on which the client thought the ownership had
been altered.  I couldn't find an older copy of the directory so we could
prove their assumption.  As a test, I created a directory.  After it was
backed up, I changed the ownership and backed it up again.  As before, I was
unable to find a way to restore the directory to its previous ownership
rights.

What command allows one to see previous versions of a directory?

If this information isn't available, how can ADSM accurately do a point in
time restore?