ADSM-L

Re: how to startup the scheduler for a OS2 client

1998-12-09 13:18:29
Subject: Re: how to startup the scheduler for a OS2 client
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:18:29 -0500
In <872566D5.0056CD7B.00 AT ismacom2.isma DOT com>, on 12/09/98
   at 08:56 AM, Steve Harrison <sharris1 AT ISMA DOT COM> said:

>Good day all ...

>I am setting up an ADSM OS2 client and I am unsure as to how to go about
>starting the scheduler.  In NT there is a service and in Unix there is a
>daemon.  Can someone help me finish this sentence, and in OS2 there is a
>???   : ))

>thanks
>Stephen Harrison

... and in OS2 there are a number of ways.  When my system boots, somehow
eventually C:\TCPIP\BIN\TCPSTART.CMD runs.  This will call TCPEXIT.CMD
before it ends.  I put a line in tcpexit.cmd --

start e:\sched3.cmd

And e:\sched3.cmd is --

e:
cd adsmcv3
mode co80 43
SET PATH=E:\ADSMCV3;%PATH%
SET BEGINLIBPATH=E:\ADSMCV3
SET DSM_CONFIG=E:\ADSMCV3\DSM.OPT
SET DSM_DIR=E:\ADSMCV3
dsmc sched

(This is more complicated than you might need
because I have both version 2 & 3 clients
on my system.  The defaults still point to v2.)

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge, Ma.