ADSM-L

Re: A good time to update ADSM clients - Dec? Jan?

1998-12-08 20:45:36
Subject: Re: A good time to update ADSM clients - Dec? Jan?
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 17:45:36 -0800
This is correct. The availability on the FTP site does not
constitute the "official" availability date, which is still
January 15 (per the IBM announcement regarding the availability
of the Web Client). The official dates are when the product
will be available on media.

Typically it takes several weeks between the time we make
our code available for media packaging and when the package
appears. Since there is no physical media involved to deliver
via FTP, we can usually make that code available on the FTP site
at around the same time it is sent off for packaging.

As an IBM employee, I have to be careful about what I say or
announce (mostly for legal reasons), which is why I tend to
stick to the side of caution and go with the official dates.
But I am glad that we are usually able to deliver the code
sooner than that.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

On Nov 18, Andy Raibeck stated "...a new ADSM component, the ADSM Web
(not "Webshell") Client is planned for delivery with our next client PTF
which is due out in mid-January... "
Just wanted to confirm that client PTF 6 is this release.  (i.e.,
there's no need to wait until January for new function.  That function's
here today).