ADSM-L

Re: Maximum Client backup sessions

1998-12-08 16:23:04
Subject: Re: Maximum Client backup sessions
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:23:04 -0500
You've got the right idea.
If you are backing up direct to tape, you need a tape drive for every active
client.

Back up to disk, and let ADSM control the migration of data to the tape
drives.
Then you should be able to get your 30 simultaneous sessions.

In the parms for your disk storage pool, you can set thresholds than control
when migration starts.
And you can set the maximum number of migration processes to 3 or 4, so ADSM
will use more than 1 of the drives at once for migration.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert