ADSM-L

Problem with Client Option Sets

1998-12-07 14:22:10
Subject: Problem with Client Option Sets
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:22:10 -0500
We have Version 3.1.0.2 of ADSM for NT
and client version 3.1.0.6 32 bit windows client

we want to back up anything and everything in the "My Documents" folder and
any subfolders. Through the
Client options set.

I have tried several incarnations of an inclexcl option and ADSM seems to
ignor the request to
backup all files. We have separate include/excludes in the option set for
all other file types and those definitions
are allowing those specific files to be backed up.

Unfortunately the Manuals and Redbooks are weak on this subject.

TIA -
CR
Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!