ADSM-L

Re: UDP and ADSM

1998-12-04 07:51:52
Subject: Re: UDP and ADSM
From: Bob Labrie <labrie AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 05:51:52 -0700
No,  We have no plans to extend our client/server socket drivers beyond
TCP.
   We depend on the reliable connection over TCP.

   Watch this space for developments in ADSM MVS ESCON attach support
    for SP2(AIX), NT and other platforms.

Thanks, Bob La Brie  ADSM Development

Hi
(especially ADSM-Server(OS/390) Developers)

ADSM cannot use UDP (but only TCP). Will ADSM soon be able to use UDP?

Because for ADSM OS/390 Servers:
* CLIOS is no longer available (and could only be used on DIRECT
connected   nodes)
* MPC+ (Multi Path Channel) is IBM's new strategy
* MPC+ has an acceptable throuput only with UDP         (i heard)

Or how can i get an ACCEPTABLE throughput over my  EXISTING
ESCON's-(S/390 to SP/2-RS/6000) ?
(now i have a throughput of 2MB/sec with CLAW but it's a 17MB/sec ESCON
-> that's very poor
 (it's like: IBM sells a big truck, but you can only transport as much
 (it's like: IBM sells a big truck, but you can only transport as much
as you can also with a simple car))

regards
Johann Zeiser
email: johann.zeiser AT brz.gv DOT at