ADSM-L

Storage Migration Question

1998-12-04 05:02:43
Subject: Storage Migration Question
From: Gary Harrison <Gary.Harrison AT ARCADIAGROUP.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:02:43 +0000
Hi ADSMers,

      Has anyone found the following annoying problem with ADSM server
      V3.1.5 running on AIX 4.2.1:-

      I have a 3590 tape deck which contains 10 tapes from my on site
      backup pool. Before V3.1.5, I only needed to ensure that I had enough
      Empty tapes in the magazine to get me through the night. ( I back up
      120GB nightly ).  Since upgrading to V3.1.5 I now find that ADSM asks
      for specific Empty tapes to Migrate to. IE. Although I have 3 Empty
      tapes in the tape magazine, I have to Checkout / Checkin Empty tapes.

      Is this a function of this version of ADSM, if so is there a
      parameter I can use to switch off this function ?

Kind regards,

Gary Harrison