ADSM-L

Re: TIVOLI takes over?

1998-12-03 16:03:28
Subject: Re: TIVOLI takes over?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 16:03:28 -0500
>I really think Tivoli owes us all an immediate
>press release (with a whole lot of substance to it)

Agreed, Scott.  It's also slighting ADSM customers for them to find out about
this from an AS/400 news page, and even a day after the reported announcement
to have no information about it on the ADSM home page, when it could be
expected that customers would very much want to know what is going on.  Is
this a real event?  If so, is this just IBM cost-cutting through internal
merger, or is there real intent to elevate the product?
    We've all seen larger organizations subsume and smother good products, so
naturally we're apprehensive about this, given how much companies are basing
their business upon this enterprise product.
        Richard Sims, BU