ADSM-L

query client events

1998-12-03 13:50:15
Subject: query client events
From: Sandy Wu <swu AT DOTDMAIL.DOTD.STATE.LA DOT US>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:50:15 -0500
Hi  ADSMERS:

 I have been using MS ACCESS to monitor my backup progress by querying the
actlog:
for example

SELECT * FROM ACTLOG WHERE SEVERITY='E'

 This has been working fine except that I will miss the clients that have
been powered off or have network problems, because in these cases  it only
get  severity='I' with msgno=2578 from actlog.  I  normally have to go into
Web admin then click' query client events', from here it will show me a
good report  with status "completed" or "missed" on each node_name.

Can someone tell me what are those tables that this query queries from when
you do  query client events? It seems to me this report comes from multiple
tables. I would like to incorporate this into my odbc report mechanism so I
don't have to jump around 2 separate places to do the monitoring. (By the
way I know I can edit my query and  incl. the msgno=2578 , but I really
want to know where  are those tables  when doing "query client events" from
the web admin utility.

Thanks  in advance

Sandy