ADSM-L

Re: HSM questions

1998-12-03 05:18:20
Subject: Re: HSM questions
From: Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 02:18:20 PST
Hi Gyula,

Try the following:

1) In your dsm.sys file add CHECKTHRESHOLDS to 30 this will check space
used in your filesystem every 30 minutes & kicks in the dsmautomig
process whenever necessary.

2) Do you run reconcile processes manually? I would recommand that you
increase the difference between the lower & upperthershold & put  the
premigration percentage to the difference of two. Calculate how much
data is added approx fo the filesystem in a week and adjust thresholds
according to that.

3) Also depends if you have "migration requires backup" option activated
or not? May be what is happening is that because of less difference
between thresholds, when the system reaches the lower threshold if
starts the reconcile & backup process which takes long
time.

4) Also check your file migration criteria.

 Basically you have to play with threshold here.

Regards

Arshad