ADSM-L

Re: ADSMPIPE and V3 api

1998-12-01 11:02:18
Subject: Re: ADSMPIPE and V3 api
From: DAVID HENDRIX <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:02:18 -0700
Dan,

Yes, we have used it on a Solaris system.  I have also modified the buffer
structure and used threads to multi-thread the process so that while it is
reading, it can also be writing.  This improved performance on our test
system from 5MB/sec/stream to 7.5MB/sec/stream to 12 3590s.  This also
convinced the management to go with ADSM rather than the currect Alexandria
product.  We will be moving this system into production in Jan of '99 and
we are currently doing final recoverability tests (the system itself - a
2.3TB warehouse - is already in production) and getting the licensing
finalized.

One thing is for sure, if they could multi-thread the B/A client we would
see a dramatic decrease in backup times.

Thanks,

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com

Marc Layne <mlayne AT FGH.CO DOT ZA> on 12/01/98 04:43:32 AM