ADSM-L

Re: How to query for past events

1998-11-30 22:31:01
Subject: Re: How to query for past events
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 19:31:01 -0800
I believe that the best that you can do is search the ACTLOG
table for specific message numbers. For example, we run the
following query on a daily basis to find machines which have
missed their daily schedule. Similar queries could be constructed
to search for the successful execution of administrative
schedules:

SELECT message \
FROM   actlog \
WHERE  msgno = cast('2578' as integer) \
AND    cast((current_timestamp-date_time)hours as decimal(8,0)) < 8

Note that the query is run at a specified time of the day,
and the WHERE clause is constructed to retrieve the messages
within the last eight hours, which encompasses the end of all of
our schedules.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks Feature Animation