ADSM-L

Re: Restore Volume vs. Restore Stgpool

1998-11-30 12:30:08
Subject: Re: Restore Volume vs. Restore Stgpool
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:30:08 -0600
     Yes.  But if that doesn't work, use mtlib from aix and change the
     category to ff10 (eject to convenience).

Subject: Restore Volume vs. Restore Stgpool
Author:  "Brazner; Bob" <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM> at ~internet
Date:    11/27/98 7:59 PM

Thanks to those who responded to my two questions.  But alas, I think I
asked the first question wrong, and yet a new (third) question arises:  My
first question should have been: What's the difference between Restore
Stgpool and Restore Volume (why does the manual say to use Restore Stgpool
when it is but a single volume I've lost)?  New question: Now that the
files from the destroyed volume have been successfully recovered and the
destroyed volume has been deleted from ADSM, is my last remaining task to
do a Checkout Libvol in order to make our 3494 ATL "forget" about the tape?