ADSM-L

Re: ADSM UNDER Netware 4.11 doesn't display LFN.

1998-11-30 09:35:04
Subject: Re: ADSM UNDER Netware 4.11 doesn't display LFN.
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:35:04 +0100
Hello Mark,

here is an answer from IBM dev.:

I am currently working on the client side of this.

I don't have a firm date for it's GA, but it will be 1st half
1999. We want to be very careful that we don't rush
this out and provide you with a well tested bug free migration.
We will be changing the old DOS short name into the long
name of your existing data without forcing a rebackup of the data.

Both server and client development groups have been
involved in this enhancement. We have heard your
requirement, and are responding.

Regards,
Frank Ramke
ADSM Development

In the mean time you can map the netware volume in Win95 Explorer and then
open a DOS window to
do cd xxxx and dir yyy. You get both 8.3 and long names displayed.

Rene Lambelet
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com