ADSM-L

Netware and ADSM

1998-11-27 03:00:01
Subject: Netware and ADSM
From: Guntis Liepins <GLiepin1 AT EXCHANGE.TELEKOM DOT LV>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 10:00:01 +0200
Hello All!

We recently begun to backup files from NetWare 4.1 servers to ADSM
server(AIX) and run into some
problems. May be someone have experinced similar problems and have some
workarounds for these problems.

Problem 1: Long file name support
NetWare client doesn't work correctly with long file and directory names .
for example we have backed up
wrk:\groups\profserv\bottom-top\ directory and files
"service profitability 97.xls" and "service profitability 98.xls" with a
command
dsmc incremental -subdir=yes wrk:\*.*

Executing query return:

dsmc> query backup wrk:\groups\servprof/bottom-top/ser*
ANS1092E No files matching search criteria were found

To query files located in this directory i must guess "short" version or the
directory.After that query is executed fine:

dsmc> query backup wrk:\groups\servprof/bottom-t/ser*
             Size      Backup Date        Mgmt Class A/I File