ADSM-L

Solaris Client: "/var" is saved but "/" fails

1998-11-26 07:46:13
Subject: Solaris Client: "/var" is saved but "/" fails
From: Riccardo Corona <rcorona AT ESOC.ESA DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:46:13 +0100
Server  V3.1.1.5  on Aix 4.2.1
Client V3.1.0.3  on Solaris 2.5.1

When I run  "dsmc incremental /var"   all runs fine  but when I do the
same with /  after about 30 min I get an error :

ANS1809E Session is lost; intializing session reopen procedure.
A reconnection  attempt will be made in 00:00:05
A reconnection  attempt will be made in 00:00:00.....successfull

During this time I see the client session from the sever exchanging few Kb
in SendW  state and nothing else.
The two filesystems are:
/    Total: 1.9 GB       Used:538 MB
/var Total 1.4 GB   Used 253 MB

On the server I setup the Commtimeout and Idletimeout to 3600 without luck.

Any direction to look for is greatly appreciated.

Riccardo