ADSM-L

Re: ADSM setup.exe fails

1998-11-24 20:48:38
Subject: Re: ADSM setup.exe fails
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:48:38 -0500
Hello Matthias,

This sounds like a known problem. Please check the following
items:

1) Issue the command

      SET T

   and look at the values for TEMP and TMP. What drive(s) do
   they point to, and how much FREE space is on those drives?

2) How much FREE space is on the disk where you have Windows NT
   installed, i.e. where the \WINNT directory is located?

3) If TEMP and TMP are all on the same drive as where you have
   NT installed, then make sure the amount of free space is less
   than 512 MB. Create a "dummy" file to fill up any extra space
   as needed. Then see if you can do the install.

4) If TEMP and TMP are on a different drive than where you have
   NT installed, then make sure the COMBINED free space is less
   than 512 MB. Create "dummy" files to fill up any extra space
   as needed. Then see if you can do the install. Alternatively,
   change TEMP and TMP to point to the same drive as where NT is
   installed, then do step 3 above.

We expect to have this fixed in the next PTF.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

     We have continuously problems installing ADSM (3.1.0.3 / .5) onto a

     single windows nt server (HP LH3). When starting setup.exe either
from
     CD or via network) the InstallShield comes up, then the blue
     installation screen flashes up and nothing happens anymore. There
is
     no entry in the event log, no dsmerror.log etc. Also we do not see
any
     errors in the hardware error log of the machine.

     We are not sure if it is hardware caused or if it is software.

     Do you know such problems? Can anyone help me? IBM support does not

     know the problem yet.

     Matthias