ADSM-L

Exclude causes expire on HP-Unix clients!

1998-11-24 12:42:29
Subject: Exclude causes expire on HP-Unix clients!
From: Robin Sharpe <robin_sharpe AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:42:29 PST
Hi all,

I've just discovered a "feature" of the HP-UX B/A client:

"If you change your Include/Exclude list or file so that a previously
included file is now excluded, any pre-existing backup versions of that
file are expired the next time an incremental backup is run."

That's a quote from the README file.  I am seeing the effects of this
because we have daily and weekly backups that exclude and expire each
other's files!  As a result, I never have more than a week's worth of
backup versions.

Has anyone else run across this, and how do you handle it?

Many TIA,
Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs