ADSM-L

sequential devices.

2015-10-04 17:51:04
Subject: sequential devices.
From: Rajib Chakma [SMTP:rajib.chakma AT TATAINFOTECH DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Dear ADSM Gurus

                I am evaluating ADSMver3.0  on NT. I have used the default
"standard" Policy Domain. My "backup storage pool"(disk) is migrating to
"tape storage pool"(tape) when it is 90% filed. Some of "back up storage
pool" is getting transferred to "tape storage pool". Now the tape volume is
shown 23% filled. But the tape volume is coming out of the tape device with
out giving any warning or whatever. And also if i try to backup, it is
telling there is no space. Please advice me how deal with sequential
devices.

                Thanks in advance.--------------------Chakma