ADSM-L

ADSM setup.exe fails

1998-11-24 05:34:00
Subject: ADSM setup.exe fails
From: "Hensel, Matthias" <Matthias.Hensel AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:34:00 +0100
     We have continuously problems installing ADSM (3.1.0.3 / .5) onto a

     single windows nt server (HP LH3). When starting setup.exe either
from
     CD or via network) the InstallShield comes up, then the blue
     installation screen flashes up and nothing happens anymore. There
is
     no entry in the event log, no dsmerror.log etc. Also we do not see
any
     errors in the hardware error log of the machine.

     We are not sure if it is hardware caused or if it is software.

     Do you know such problems? Can anyone help me? IBM support does not

     know the problem yet.

     Matthias