ADSM-L

A question about migration

1998-11-20 08:51:31
Subject: A question about migration
From: Steven McNicholas <ste_mc AT ZDNETMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 06:51:31 -0700
Hi,

In the company I am working for their adsm system is used in the following
way....

1) aix clients are backup up to disk pools
2) These disk pools have migration thresholds of
low=0% high =80%
3) If the high is reached then it is migrated to a tape pool.

My question is this :

If during the daily backup this high threshold is not met on some of the disk
pools,then this means that there is a whole load of client data residing on (in
our case)  1 disk.
If that disk pops then goodbye data ( could be maybe 3 days worth ?)

What is the solution to this ?

Is it possible to mirror the disk pools aix logical volume  to another disk
using aix ? or is this not possible because there are adsm disk pools in the lv
?.

Would it just be better to lower the high migrate threshold to a very low value
?

There is no disaster recovery as yet for this machine (no offsite backups etc )
but in the meantime I still do not want to end up losing any data due to disk
failures etc.

Please help.

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com