ADSM-L

Re: Problems with Event

1998-11-20 09:51:48
Subject: Re: Problems with Event
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:51:48 -0600
     OK if the command initiates and completes (ie doesn't totally blow up)
     then the scheduled event is OK... if the tasks initiated by the
     command event encounter problems, well that is their problem... to
     deal with and report.

     We used to have (under novell) the daily backup schedule initiate a
     nightly.ncf which triggered a "load dsmc incr datax:" so we could have
     multiple concurrent threads pushing backups.  Well the nightly.ncf
     would launch each dsmc task, complete fine, thus the event was
     complete... but later once each dsmc task completed there was no way
     for the results to get back to the server.

     Just make your scripts check the results of their actions and mail you
     the results...

     later,
          Dwight