ADSM-L

Re[4]: Archive & offsite

1998-11-20 05:37:30
Subject: Re[4]: Archive & offsite
From: Chris Roelofs <Chris.J.Roelofs AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:37:30 +0000
     Anthony,

     What you suggest is copying my primary volumes and then bring the copy
     volumes offsite. Assuming that you mean copying backup-data, the
     copies will expire along with the primaries. What I want is:
     1) Having only backup-data in the library, and copies of backups
     offsite.
     2) Creating archives from backups in a separate pool.
     3) Setting volumes in the archive pool to offsite, and remove them
     from my library.

     I know that all archives will take up space in my database but that's
     OK.

     Hope this clarifies my wishes.

     Chris Roelofs
     Mainland Sequoia