ADSM-L

Re: Qualstar 46120

1998-11-19 16:38:39
Subject: Re: Qualstar 46120
From: Alan White <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 21:38:39 -0000
Hi, we have one in production full of Sony AIT drives. It works OK but with
some restrictions. We have never got LABEL LIBV working with it but checkin
and checkout is OK.

dsmlabel works fine with it if you are stood by the console but if we
use -keep then we need to run audit library lib1 checkl=barcode to checkin
the volumes. checkin libv assumes you are going to put the tape in the IO
port.

If we don't do the audit libr then a checkin search finds nothing. I've only
had SCSI problems when I've mis-treated it ;-)

Regards
Alan