ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation...

1998-11-19 12:06:14
Subject: Re: Reclamation...
From: "Scott K. Forbes" <forbes AT TROY01.PAD.NAVP.GMEDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:06:14 -0500
   With regards to reclamation, we set our server option EXPINTERVAL to
0. This requires us to manually initiate expiration processing for our
storage pools. At 01:00 am Sunday morning we initiate an admin schedule
which performs an "expire inventory". Once the processing finishing, any
tapes needing reclamation are mounted and files moved.

   This process allows us to not continually manipulate the threshold
values for each of our storage pools.

                                                Scott Forbes
                                                Electronic Data Systems
                                                Troy, MI