ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation...

1998-11-19 10:28:41
Subject: Re: Reclamation...
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 10:28:41 -0500
> This will put you in control and thus prevent activities taking place when
> you don't want them to.
>
> By the way, this process and sequence of events can be applied to many
> 'automatic' events that can be started by an admin command from the command
> line.

Yes, and I use this for migration too.  For reclaimation, I leave mine at
100%, and generate a report of Full tapes sorted ascending by Pct Util,
and then issue move data commands.  This provides for even more control,
which would not be necessary if I had a larger library.

Now, if there was a method like this to stop expiration....

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,