ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation...

1998-11-19 09:14:51
Subject: Re: Reclamation...
From: "Toora, Kuli" <kulbinder.toora AT EXCHANGE.MEB.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:14:51 -0000
Allen,

There are 2 steps to get around this,
1, change your reclamation thresholds on your storage pools to a higher
level to prevent automatic reclamation EG 100%,
2,  schedule an admin command to change your reclamation threshold to a
level that will cause reclamation to start and then schedule another admin
schedule to change it back to 100% to stop automatic reclamation.

This will put you in control and thus prevent activities taking place when
you don't want them to.

By the way, this process and sequence of events can be applied to many
'automatic' events that can be started by an admin command from the command
line.

Thanks,

Kuli.

Kulbinder Toora
01384 296191 x3498
e-mail - Kulbinder.toora AT meb.co DOT uk
Midlands Electricity