ADSM-L

Re: NT Scheduler vs. Service

2015-10-04 17:51:04
Subject: Re: NT Scheduler vs. Service
From: Russell Street [SMTP:russells AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Thanks for this nice answer.

Thanks ;)

> I agree with it, except that for me, the PRESCHEDand POSTSCHED
> parameters are not used for every schedule.

Admittedly I do not use them.  I just read the option file.

> I can specify it for each individual schedule.

Out of interest...  how?  There does not seem to be an argument to say
which schedule it is for.  At least not in the versions I look at.
V3, sub release 3 mostly.

May be it only applies to backup schedules... if so the manual is
poorly worded.

> So the restore one will not get the same as for a backup one. I
> might have missunderstood the point!

It looks like I am going to have to play with this and satisfy myself
that I know what is going on.

[Mostly before one of my wonderful users discovers the feature and
then complains when it does not do what he expected it to do.]

Russell