ADSM-L

Storage Migration Question

1998-11-18 05:10:51
Subject: Storage Migration Question
From: Gary Harrison <Gary.Harrison AT ARCADIAGROUP.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:10:51 +0000
All,

      I have two disk storage pools one with caching and one without ( for
      business reasons ) and I migrate from one to the other before
      migrating to tape. My question is, I have set up the first disk
      storage pool to run five migration processes to the second disk pool.
      There have been occasions when five processes do run ! but the
      majority of the time only one runs even though the first storage pool
      is over 50% utilised with 50%  migrateable with at least 20 files in
      it.

      Is there a way to force more processes to run or does ADSM have some
      smart algorithm which controls these migration processes.

Regards,

Gary Harrison

Arcadia Group PLC

UK.