ADSM-L

Re: No dsmlabel after upgrade to 3.1.2

1998-11-16 18:53:10
Subject: Re: No dsmlabel after upgrade to 3.1.2
From: John Valdes <j-valdes AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:53:10 -0600
Alexander Verkooyen writes:

> A few weeks ago we upgraded our server from V2 to V3.1.2.
> (AIX 4.2.1)
>
> This morning I wanted to label some tapes using 'dsmlabel'
> To my suprise the executable was gone.
[...]
> Does anybody out there know in which fileset dsmlabel
> is supposed to be?

It should be in the adsm.devices.rte fileset:

  prompt> lslpp -f adsm.devices.rte
    Fileset               File
    adsm.devices.rte 3.1.2.0
  [...]
                          /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dsmlabel

The installation should have then created a symbolic link in /usr/bin
pointing to /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dsmlabel.

As others have mentioned, you can also use the LABEL LIBVOLUME command
from within dsmadmc itself.

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
j-valdes AT uchicago DOT edu                               University of Chicago