ADSM-L

need help setting up ADSM

1998-11-16 13:52:30
Subject: need help setting up ADSM
From: Ben Castles <Ben_Castles AT NOTEABLE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:52:30 -0700
Hi,

I'm new to ADSM, and I'm trying to set it up on an NT 4.0 server so to use it
to back up our Domino Servers.
The ADSM server is supposed to run on our fileserver which uses Netbios.  The
problem I'm getting is that
when I go to use the wizards to set things up I get this error:

"Failed to issue a command to the server.  Click Ok to see why."
followed by

"ANS5658E TCP/IP failure
ANS5519E  Unable to establish session with server
ANS5103I  Highest return code was -50"

The ADSM server was running at the time, and said:\
"ANR82251   Netbios drivers ready for connection with clients on adapter 0"

I have set up Netbios using the Server Options Window, turning TCP/IP off, and
turning NetBios on.
I saved these settings,  stopped and started the server again, but with the
same results.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
-Ben Castles