ADSM-L

Tape Drive Error Message

2015-10-04 17:51:04
Subject: Tape Drive Error Message
From: McNamara, Sean [mailto:sean.mcnamara AT LMCO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello Guru's,

We are running ADSM 3.1.15 on AIX 4.2.1 using 3494 library and  we keep
receiving the following error message on our tape drives:

        ANR8311E An I/O error occurred while accessing drive DRIVE#
(/dev/rmt#) for
        GETLOGSENSE operation, errno = 22.

We receive this error about 10-15 time per day on all of our drives.
However, when we check the drives everything is in working order.  Is
this a
bug of some sort in the ADSM code?  Is there a patch?  Or could there be
something wrong not related to ADSM? Any help  would be appreciated.