ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and 3390-6 - File size limits in OS/390??

1998-11-13 09:35:33
Subject: Re: ADSM and 3390-6 - File size limits in OS/390??
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:35:33 +0200
Hi Roger,

I think you got some wrong info regarding the model 6 3390?
I know about 3390-2, 3390-3, 3390-9.
All 3390's have the same geometry - 56K tracks - it is just
the total capacity that increased.
But the important question here is why you want larger disks
to backup larger files?
You can define 4 files to ADSM,
 (Each one 2.835Gig - the capacity for 3390-3's - actually a little
smaller because of the VTOC), and then you will have a diskpool
of 4 X 2.8 Gig giving you 11.2 Gig of space to store your backup
data on. It is transparent to your backup client that it is going
to 4 physical 3390-3's.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards
Christo Heuer