ADSM-L

Re: SAP & Oracle backup to AIX ADSM server

1998-11-12 13:40:29
Subject: Re: SAP & Oracle backup to AIX ADSM server
From: Ayo Balogun <ayoaix AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:40:29 -0800
Hello Ms. Gail:

         We are currently running ADSM, oracle/SAP, the
API used for SAP is backint (IBM Germany), backup was managed by
backint through ADSM on daily basis, both going through the network
and local backup.

        Performance issue, if you on AIX 4.3.1 you might want to take
advantage of the IPV6, the lates version of tcpip (only on AIX 4.3.1).

         The system run on AIX 4.3.1, attached to IBM 7337 Tape
library.

          The problem you might encounter, if you download any try and
buy code from IBM to test your ADSM connection forget it.

Regards

Ayo..

---Gail Kleiman <gail.kleiman AT DUKE DOT EDU> wrote:

> Are there any of you running ADSM Servers on AIX to backup SAP and
Oracle
> that would share with me your experiences?  What problems have you
had and
> how have you and IBM solved them?  Are you satisfied?  What is your
> throughput?  Did you consider any other backup solutions and on what
did
> you make your decision?
>
> Thanks in advance for any information you can share with me.
>
> Gail

==

Ayo Balogun
SR. SAP Basis Technical Consultant
Email ayoaix AT ibm DOT net (private Mail)
Email ayoaix AT yahoo DOT com (Goof mail)