ADSM-L

Re: Quick Restores

1998-11-12 10:48:12
Subject: Re: Quick Restores
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:48:12 -0500
In <0011410002260506000002L162*@MHS>, on 11/12/98
   at 10:22 AM, Diana Cline <Diana.Cline AT ROSSNUTRITION DOT COM> said:

>I have looked through my On-Line help and do not see any information on "no
>query restore". Where do I find this information. I have a V3 server and
>clients.

No query restore is not something you explicitly ask for
so you won't find it in a command reference.  It will
happen automatically if the conditions are right.  A v3 server and a v3
client are necessary.  Some parameters in a restore request will prevent a
n-q-r, forcing the restore to use the old method which IBM now calls
'Classic Restore'.

Could IBM list the things which would cause a classic restore to be done
instead of n-q-r?

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab