ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:51:03
We just purchase a Magstar (in October).  I have never use the DLT so I
can't compare but below are some answer concerning the Magstar.

Tapes cost:     $65ea
Cleaning tapes  $99ea.  good for 100 uses.

It was fairly easy to setup with ADSM (our server is on AIX.)  I had a drive
break during shipment that caused a problem but once it was replaced I have
not had any problems.  We are still test but retrieval time has been great.
If you do chose the Magstar, there is a Red book that is a must - Magstar MP
3575 Tape Library Dataserver: Muliplatform Implementation.  It saved me a
lot of time for little cost.