ADSM-L

Re: v3 client performance on IRIX 6.4?

1998-11-11 11:53:32
Subject: Re: v3 client performance on IRIX 6.4?
From: "John M. Sorensen" <sorensen AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:53:32 -0700
Last week I helped with a large ADSM installation; many clients
on different platforms, using the same network topology described
here.  We are seeing the same performance problem
on the IRIX clients as noted below.  We tried several different settings
of TCPWINDOW and TCPBUFF with no effect.  Other clients on the
same network segments give the performance expected.  One of
the clients I made note of had only backed up about 930 MB in
over 20 hours!  We also performed other tests pushing files from
the same slow clients, using FTP and NFS connections, and got
the performance we expected.  All indications point to something
wrong in this version of the IRIX client.

John Sorensen
SSSI