ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:51:03
Hi All ...

We are in the final stages of purchasing ADSM ... we were planning to
use DLT (StorageTek 9714), but IBM and one of their vendors is making it
very attractive($$$)  to use IBM's Magstar ...

It seems that if I use the StorageTEK 9714 Library with (60 Tapes) I must
purchase
the "Extended Device Support". But If I use IBM's Magstar Library with the same
capacity (but 240 tapes) I don't have to purchase the Extended Device support

With the quotes I am working with the Magstar Unit is more expensive but the
total
quote comes out less because of the Extended device support.

Are there any real benefits to using Magstar ..???

What is the average cost of the Magstar Tape vs the DLT tape ..???

Is having a smaller tape a plus with ADSM ...?

Is Magstart really faster in recovery as the Vendor Claims ..???

Will IBM Abandon the technology ..???

Thanks so much .....

-Fred
>| ==  Fred J. Stellabotte
stellabotte AT hazeltine DOT com
>| ==  Manager Technical Support
>| ==  GEC - Marconi Hazeltine                               Voice:
(516)262-8308
>| ==  450 Pulaski Road                                            Fax:
(516)262-8290