ADSM-L

Re: Win NT client upgrade

1998-11-10 11:43:14
Subject: Re: Win NT client upgrade
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:43:14 -0600
We've had few problems with the V3 scheduler once we got the hang of
installing it correctly. Make certain you shut down the current scheduler
service prior to the V3 upgrade, and place it in manual mode. Then do your
upgrade. When the new code is in place, use the DSMCUTIL utility to
de-install your current service -- after a few botched installs and some
trial and error, this appears to be the best method for cleaning up any old
V2 stuff (especially on some of the larger and more picky IBM
client/servers). Reboot. This is the final scrubbing. Install the new
service using the DSMCUTIL utility. Start the new service. Check your usual
logs. Make certain your individual drive permissions match to ensure proper
backup (bumped into this one recently, and am in the process of correcting
the problems that consequently arose). You're on the way.

I tried to hang onto the V2 format scheduler installer for a while, but it
became more of a pain than a help as more upgrades were made available (I
think the presence of the required DLL was the culprit but couldn't prove
it definitively).

Hope this helps.

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management/ADSM
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA
ccannam AT genam DOT com

Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM> on 11/09/98 05:03:35 PM