ADSM-L

idlew

1998-11-09 23:04:37
Subject: idlew
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:04:37 -0800
Hi all,
        I am interested in reducing specifically the idlew time in the
backup session of a client. Is there any way to decrease this apart from
adding more cpu power to the client.
unfortunately multi streaming does not allow me to split the tasks. because
all the data is residing on a single disk.

other parameter changes seem to have little or no effect for this idlew
time, although I 'm able to improve marginally my backup performance. I can
clearly see that the client is idling (processing files probably about a
million)

Sincere thanks

sri