ADSM-L

Re: ANR0104E ASVOLUT(2202): Error 2 deleting row from table

1998-11-09 16:55:45
Subject: Re: ANR0104E ASVOLUT(2202): Error 2 deleting row from table
From: Carsten Moldrup <cmoldrup AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 22:55:45 +0100
Hi

This is Arthurs solution, which worked  for me.

Regards,
Carsten Moldrup

Arthur_Hundhammer AT LINDE-VA DOT DE on 09-11-98 10:42:20

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Carsten Moldrup/SCA/CSC)

     Hi Carsten,
     in July 1998 we have seen exactly the same error messages with
     ADSM 3.1.1.3 on MVS
     ANR0104E ASVOLUT(2202): Error 2 deleting row from table
     "As.Volume.Assignment"
     ANR999D AFMIGR(500): Error cheing pending volumes for completion of
     reuse delay period.
     IBM recommended DUMPDB/LOADDB.
     But ADSM-Support IBM-Germany/Mainz give me the following solution to
     remove this problem.
     1. Create a listing whit command Q VOL * STA=Pending F=D
     2. Search for the string "Date Became Pending"
     3. Compare the date with the "Reuse delay" parameter of your storge
         pool(s).
        i.e.: today 11/09/98, the reuse delay parm is 9 days, than look at
              tapes 10/31/98 and below.
        In my situation i have found 4 volumes that meet this criteria.
     4. Execute --> MOVE DATA volser
                    after the move-command(s) was successfully
                    completed or ended with message "no data on volume"
     5. Execute --> DELETE VOUME volser
                    to remove this volume(s) from storagepool.
     This procedure works fine and resolved our problem   w i t h o u t
     DUMPDB/LOADDB.

     Hope this helps
     Arthur Hundhammer
     Systems Programmer