ADSM-L

V3 client command line restore

1998-11-09 11:06:02
Subject: V3 client command line restore
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:06:02 -0600
We're having trouble with the syntax on a v3 client restore.
I have a node with 3 filespaces, one apparently is pre-V3.  A   Q  FI
shows they are called:
DATA
\\servera\c$
\\servera\d$
The missing data is was located on the D: drive. There is no  E: drive
although I believe there was a long time ago.  ADSM for whatever reason
always shows the files on this server's data drive as being on E:,  though
they are actually on D:
When I do a Q BA -nodename=servera   {DATA}\path\filename     it sees the
file, and shows it as being  E:\path\filename
but we get an application error trying to restore it.   But what I really
need to be able to do is restore from the V3 filespace, not the V2
filespace. So..
When I do a Q BA  -nodename=servera  \\servera\d$\path\filename  it says no
files found.
I also tried  {\\servera\d$}\path\*.*     and I've tried various
combinations of single and/or double quotes around the name and/or full
path    and it always says no files found.
How do you do a Q BA with the new V3 filespace names?    I believe we're
going to have to use the filespace name to do this restore because we've
always had to, on this machine, due to the mixup between the files actually
residing on D: and ADSM recording them as E:       I don't mind using the
filespace names, I just can't figure out the V3 syntax.
THANKS!
Julie